The Urban Mindfulness Foundation is delighted to be an African Caribbean, Asian diaspora led organisation that promotes Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion or “JEDI WORK that benefits underserved racialised black, marginalised and oppressed communities of colour in the UK. One of our key aims is to offer transgressional teachings that facilitate social and economic change grounded in JEDI principles. To achieve this, the Urban Mindfulness Foundation are committed to working collaboratively with community leaders, groups, and organisations who are focused on strengthen and resourcing the underserved through anti oppressive pedagogy, grounded in:
Work that is also mindful of our collective responsibilities for each other, and our environment.
This website, is owned and operated by the The Urban Mindfulness Foundation CIC. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which governs The Urban Mindfulness Foundation’s relationship with you in relation to this website and its services. Please read these Terms carefully.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, We/Our/Us/UMF means The Urban Mindfulness Foundation CIC, company number who is also considered the owner of this website. “Providers” refers to any third party that has contracted with us to provide services or information to us or you through this website. The Term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the user or viewer of this website. “Event” or “Events” means any one off or multi session programme, course or training offered on this website or by UMF. “Website” means https://www.urbanmindfulnessfoundation.co.uk/ and all our social media and digital communications and activities associated with this website and UMF services.
Please note, we may change these terms and conditions at any time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to review these terms and conditions to ensure you are happy with any changes. Using or accessing this website indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not continue to use this website.
By engaging with this website and submitting any of the application or enquiry forms to UMF, you signal agreement to these Terms and Conditions. In particular, the application forms, contact forms and payment forms where reasonable incorporate these Terms and Conditions and constitute a legally binding contract that we confirm to be the “Agreement”.
All references to Terms and Conditions will refer to our most recent version available and apply whether you have taken the time to read them or not and whether they are included in the forms or not. A link to our terms and conditions will always be available via the website home page which acts as our principle point of notification and communication. Consequently by using the Urban Mindfulness Foundation Website you agree to the included terms by default.
In particular, your use of this website is subject to and agrees with the following:
- Whilst UMF seek to ensure this website is accurate and up-to-date, we accept no liability for the results of any action taken on the basis of the Information it contains. You also agree that all implied or claimed warranties or guarantees, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy against UMF are waivered in these terms to whatever extent that they may be waivered as a matter of law.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice and you access the material at your own risk and responsibility.
- We have tried to ensure that all the information provided on the website is correct at the time of publication. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. As such, you acknowledge that all information and materials herein may contain inaccuracies or errors and that we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to the Urban Mindfulness Foundation. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics, text, etc. Reproduction of any kind is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions and or through explicit permission from UMF
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of or licensed to UMF, will be acknowledged on the website as far as is reasonably practical.
- Unauthorised use or damage to this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence including copyright laws.
- In no event will UMF be liable for any loss including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss, or any damages arising from loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or any of the information.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s). We accept no responsibility for the content of such websites or web pages, nor do we accept responsibility for any losses or penalties incurred as a result of your use of any links or reliance on the content of any website to which this site is linked. UMF does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external websites that link to this site or contained in this site.
- You may not frame, or embed this Website in any other website without our prior written consent
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Computer Viruses, Worms and Trojan Horses
- Whilst we have taken every effort to protect this website from computer viruses, worms, trojan horses and similar detrimental code, we do not warrant that the website is free from such destructive features and accept no liability for any damage that may result from the transmission of any destructive feature via this website or via any files which are available for you to download from the website.
- You may not in any circumstance transfer or use any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed or intended to interfere with or interrupt or disrupt any computer or other systems or to secretly or covertly access, use or appropriate any data or other information or impair the functionality, interoperability of performance of this site as such action may lead to legislative action.
Intellectual Property, Copyright and Reproduction
- All content on this website (including text, graphics and any other material) are protected by copyright, trademarks and other intellectual property rights which are owned or controlled by UMF, its licensees or authorised contributors. You agree to comply with all copyright notices, information or restrictions contained in any information accessed through this website.
- You are not permitted (except where you have been given express permission to do so) to adapt or modify the information on this website or any part of it and the information or any part of it may not be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, posted, broadcast or transmitted in any other way to any third parties for commercial gain. The products, processes, software and other technology described in this website may be the subject of patents and/or other intellectual property rights owned by UMF or third parties.
All payment transactions for UMF products and services are processed and handled through Paypal and Stripe who both deliver secure, reliable, fully PCI DSS compliant online payment processing to organisations worldwide.Under no circumstances does the UMF hold sensitive payment details such as credit card numbers.
Changes to the Terms
UMF reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the website, the information or these terms. Should these terms be amended, UMF will publish details of the amendments on the website. By continuing to use the website you agree to be bound by these terms as amended.
UMF shall not be liable if for any reason this website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance, repair, for reasons beyond the control of UMF or for any commercial or other reasons of UMF.
The Urban Mindfulness foundation courses are generally offered on a donation basis, where services are chargeable, fees are required to be paid in full, in order to secure your place on a programme. Only full payment and donations, where necessary, will ensure your place. All payments must be supported by a confirmation email from UMF confirming receipt of payment and your acceptance on the event. If any invoices are not paid before 14 days of the event, your place may be offered to other participants if there is a waiting list.
Events will be chargeable on the basis that you meet the pre-requisites stipulated. However, if your application is unsuccessful for any reason, and in the unusual case that you have already made a payment, you will be refunded minus an administration fee of £5. Consequently, we strongly advice you do not make any payments for courses until your application is approved. If you application is approved, and you make a payment, there will be a non-refundable deposit of £50 for any cancellations.
If you have any particular financial constraints, please be aware that we are able to provide payment plans, bursaries and and tiered payment options for situations where finance is a clear barrier to practice and to ensure equity is always being applied.
Payments may be transferred between Events when agreed by UMF.
You may withdraw an application more than three months prior to the event start date at which point you will be offered a refund, minus the £50 non-refundable deposit. Alternatively, You may wish to credit the amount You have paid, minus the £50 non-refundable deposit, towards a future event within 18 months.
If You cancel between three months and two weeks before the event start date, for any reason, no refund will be offered. If We are able to reallocate your place to someone on the waiting list, We will offer to credit the amount You have paid, minus the £50 non-refundable deposit, towards a future Event within 18 months.
If you cancel within two weeks of the Event start date for any reason, no transfer, refund or forward credit will be offered and no refunds or forward credits will be offered after the Event has started, for example, if You leave the event or fail to turn up to an Event.
We strongly recommend participants have adequate insurance to cover any cancelled travel or personal expenses, as we are unable to make reimbursements over and above Our cancellation policy.
UMF reserve the right to move events online where in-person Events are not possible due to coronavirus (COVID-19) or other occurrences beyond our control. We will notify participants of any changes via email and reimburse any difference between what was paid when initially booked and the online price.
In the unlikely event that, due to unforeseen circumstances, the Event has to be cancelled by Us, We will offer a forward credit for any fees paid to Us by participants. Our liability is limited to crediting only Our Event fees, and not any personal expenses You may have incurred.
Please be patient while we process financial requests and please do not hesitate to contact us should you wish to discuss how we can facilitate your access.
Requirements, Attendance and Conduct
You must advise Us at the time of making Your application if You have any specific needs to ensure we are able to offer you an appropriate service. All participants must be at least 18 years of age and in good psychological health to attend any of Our Events.
You must be able to speak and read English to a level where You are able to interact fluently with our current facilitation team, communicate effectively and understand everyday language and should not require translation during any part of the course itself. We reserve the right to withhold certification if this is not the case.
If an Event is being delivered online, You must have access to a computer or laptop with a webcam, have good broadband, and be capable of running Zoom.
You are expected to behave respectfully and politely throughout any Event. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to ask You to leave an Event if Your behaviour is deemed by the teachers to be disruptive in any way and You agree to do so immediately. In such circumstances no transfer, refund or forward credit will be given.
Please arrive on time for any Event. Full attendance at the Event is necessary to receive certification.
By applying for an Event, You assume responsibility for ensuring You are physically and psychologically fit to participate in the Event and that You have consulted with Your doctor or psychologist as necessary. Whilst the UMF or its staff or representatives make no judgement as to Your fitness to participate in an Event, You should inform the teachers privately of any personal concerns that may arise as the Event progresses. If for any reason the teachers find it necessary to ask You to leave the Event then You agree to do so immediately. In such circumstances a refund, minus the £50 non-refundable deposit, will be given.
Some of the activities undertaken on the Events are movement or floor based. It is always Your responsibility to make a decision about whether to participate to take part in a particular activity. if there is any doubt, the decision should always be to exercise caution and We recommend that You consult a doctor or health professional if You are ever unsure whether an activity is safe for You.
None of Our events are intended to be a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy or on-going medical advice from a qualified medical practitioner and subject to this clause UMF excludes any liability relating to any statement or representation made in respect of the therapeutic, psychological or medical benefits of Our services or Events. Any unresolved issues which may surface for You and which may warrant medical treatment, counselling or psychotherapy will be at Your own risk and expense.
You attend and participate in an Event at your own risk. We accept no liability for:
- any costs or expenses arising out of or in connection with any Event,
- loss or damage to personal property
- personal injury, except as set out below.
- loss of data, profit, revenue, use, business, anticipated savings, goodwill, reputation or opportunity, financial or economic loss or any indirect or consequential loss or damage
Liability is specifically excluded in respect of any dietary, health or other special requirements. If You have a specific requirement, please contact the venue directly in advance to ensure they can accommodate You and make Your requirements known to the venue on Your arrival.
To the extent permitted by law We exclude all warranties, conditions, representations or other terms whether expressed or implied.
UMF shall not be responsible for any loss or damage, whether in contract or in tort (including negligence), that are beyond Our foreseeable control. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or limits Our liability for death or personal injury arising from Our negligence, or Our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Notwithstanding the above, You acknowledge that Our total liability to You in respect of any loss arising under or in connection with the Agreement, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise shall in no circumstances exceed the total amount received by UMF under the Agreement.
UMF will not be liable for any failure or delay in the delivery of an Event which is caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to strike, lock-out, labour disputes, acts of Gods, acts of terrorism, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with a law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, insolvency or bankruptcy of either party or any third party, fire, flood, snow and storm, exceptional weather conditions, difficulty or increased cost in obtaining workers, goods or transport and other circumstances affecting the supply of goods or services.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operate separately. If any court or relevant authority decided that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms and Conditions are the entire Agreement between these parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings, whether implied, written or oral, between the parties.
We always aim to provide a high standard of care in all Our services. To ensure Our services are consistently meeting people’s needs. If You are unhappy with any of Our services, it is important that You let Us know so We can address the issue and improve Our standards wherever possible. We will take any complaints seriously and aim to respond promptly, fairly and effectively.
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. This means the Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Both parties agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.